Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas and overindulging

My understanding is that Christmas is about overindulging. You know ........ lots of wine, food and merriment. So last night I decided to get into the spirit of Christmas in a big way.

Mom and Dad were out for a family Christmas dinner and they didn't take us so I had to take matters into my own hands. No wine has been provided for us but my Dad didn't put the lid on Rastus's kibble tub properly so Rowdy had a bit of a go at it and then I helped him. It was great, kilos of Proplan sensitive skin and stomach fishy kibble. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

I may have gone a little overboard in the spirit of Christmas overindulgefest though. Mom says no one else's tummys were bulging as much as mine. She was very worried and took our water bowl up and then the good bit was she decided I better sleep up in the bedroom with her in case things got bad in the night.

I wouldn't say things got bad but lets just say they got stretched a bit, well quite a bit really. Who would have thought eating too much kibble could be a bad thing. But I must say my tummy was a bit upset with me. I got very thirsty too and mean Mum only let me have the tiniest drink of water so I went in the shower and licked up the water there then I came back and jumped on the bed and stuck my wet beard in Mom's ear. I really don't know why she carried on about it so much. I thought she would enjoy a refreshingly, cool sheepie kiss. Some people are a bit ungrateful at times but I guess it was late at night and she was trying to sleep.

What with being thirsty and having a sore tummy I didn't feel much like sleeping so I wandered around a lot and I panted a lot, it just seemed to make me feel better. I chased Rowdy off the bed at intervals and got in trouble for that too. But really when you think about it, it was really all his fault as he started it.

Eventually Mum opened the window, even though Dad said it was too cold, and I felt cool enough to lie on the bed and have my tummy scratched. Mum kept asking Dad to listen to my tummy but he said all he could hear was puffing and panting. After I while Mum turned off the light and went to sleep. '

It was about then that I felt the call of nature so I hopped off the bed and had a poop in the corridor. The smell woke my Mum up but not my Dad so she got up and cleaned up. Mum gave me another measly, small drink but I was feeling a lot better by then so I asked Mum to let me out. She said she knew what I was up to and opened the door. I ran straight to our outdoors water bowl and ................. it was gone, vanished, kapoof just like that. I scouted around for it and it was definitely missing so I came back inside bitterly disappointed and Mum just looked smug.

She decided that I was well enough to sleep in my own bed and went back to her bed, so I rang my doorbell over and over till she got up again and put me outside. I fancied a bit of fresh 4 am morning air you see. She's up again now and hasn't given me any breakfast which is really not fair. She hasn't had any breakfast either just a coffee. She's sitting on the couch now and I must say she's looking a bit dopey and vague.

Well I didn't get much sleep last night so I'll just head off to my favorite napping place behind the curtains. Bye.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment