Friday, December 31, 2010

I don't like New Year's Eve.

Last night was something called New Year's Eve. I don't really get it and I definitely don't like it.

I've woken up this morning and as far as I can tell nothings new. Same breakfast in the same bowl in the same house with the same family. So what's new about it?? And I must say I'm glad, I like my life just how it is! Well except for the sore toe but that too shall pass.

What I don't like, is this New Year's Eve business. It's very loud and very scary. There were all these exploding bangs and fizzes happening in the sky last night. And some of them were just over my back fence. I was worried the sky was going to fall or maybe there wouldn't be a new year at all because the world was ending right over our heads. I don't know how my Mum and Dad could be so calm about it, they were just sitting on the couch handing out dog treats. But I couldn't enjoy them properly what with worrying about the world ending or at the very least the sky falling. I couldn't even have a pee. Every time Mum took me out back I'd just get started and another bang would happen so I'd have to run back inside, it was very disconcerting.

My brother Rastus was even more scared than me and that just made me sure that something was wrong. In the end Dad took us in the spare room with him because we kept jumping on the bed and landing on Mum's sore leg. Rastus sat next to Dad and shook like a leaf and I sat on Dad's head and panted (it's a sheepie thing, sitting on heads). It took a very long time, weeks maybe, but finally the noises stopped and we all got some sleep. I plan on taking a lot of naps today.

I hope your part of the world is safe and the sky hasn't fallen or the world ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment